A couple of great summer hair styles I am loving are fishtail braids and chignon. These hair styles are perfect for days when you really want to change up your look and try something new perhaps shocking people with a new little look. Give them a try!
How to Get Fishtail Braids
1. Part your hair down the center. Beginning on the right side of your part at your forehead, twist a one-inch section of hair away from your face.
2. Use a comb to separate a 1/2-inch section right below the first section along your face and twist that piece away from your face, combining it with the first piece.
3. Continue adding 1/2-inch pieces along your hairline down to your neck. Use a clip or a bobby pin to hold the hair in place at the nape of your neck.
4. Repeat the twisting on the left side, starting at your forehead.
5. When you reach the nape of your neck, unclip the right side and hold both the left and right sides in two separate sections.
6. Pull a 1/2-inch section of hair from the right section and add it to the left section. Repeat with a piece from the left section, adding it to the right section.
7. Continue adding 1/2-inch pieces down to the ends and secure with an elastic.
How to Get a Chignon
1. Apply a quarter size of texturizing pomade to clean dry straightened hair.
2. Sweep hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
3. Separate the ponytail into two sections and tightly twist each from roots to the ends.Wrap one twist around the elastic,letting it form random bends and bumps,in a counterclockwise direction;repeat with the other twist in clockwise direction.
4. Secure the twists underneath the ponytail base with a few bobby pins and spritz with hairspray.