If I have having a bad hair day then I’m screwed because automatically I feel not attractive. My hair has always kinda been my trademark I guess you could say. I had long hair ( to my butt) all the way to 7th grade when I finally rebelled and cut it to my shoulders. One of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever done but it possibly could have been because I didn’t have my side bangs. Anyways I am all about messy hair and hair in my face. I wish I could be one of those girls who can wear all her hair back and in a tight bun but I can not for the life of me pull that off unless it’s messy. I get bored most of the time with my hair so here are some fun hair styles to try this year when you feel like your in a runt.
Messy Bird Nest Bun
This is right up my alley. Thing big teasy messy bun fit with some bangs or strands peeking around your face.
Chanel Autumn 2011
How to Do It:
- First, apply liberal amounts of ghd maximise mousse to the mid-lengths and ends of the hair.
- Blast with a hairdryer to dry the mousse into the hair.
- Pull the hair up into a very high ponytail on the top of the head.
- Divide the ponytail into several sections then tease each section with a comb, creating lots of volume and texture (it should look a little crazy right now so don’t be alarmed… it will soon be tamed!)
- Brush the ponytail out just a little bit to even out the texture, then wrap the hair around the ponytail to create a messy topknot.
- Secure with bobby pins all the way around.
- Finally, spray the hair with ghd ultimate hair spray.
Messy French Twist
Louis Vuitton Spring 2010
How to Get It:
First apply a nickel-sized amount of Redken Thickening Lotion 06 Body Builder to damp hair and blow dry.
Curl 1″ – 2″ sections of hair around a wide-barrel curling iron. Once curls have cooled, backcomb your entire head. Gather hair in the back, racking the front locks back with your fingers, and twist up to create a French twist. Secure with bobby pins. Use the picture above as your guide, pieces can be messy and falling out, it’s all part of the fun.
Sass & Bide Runway
How to Do it thanks to Fashionising.com:
- Part the hair in the middle
- Work ghd hair lotion into mid-lengths – ends of the hair and shake it through with your fingers, then dry the product into the hair
- Tip head forward and lightly mist ultimate hairspray though out the hair to set the great texture you achieve with the fat hair lotion
- Braid the hair from the bottom of the head upwards
- Tie both ends into a knot at the front of the top of the head
- Use a styler to give texture and movement to the hair in the pony tail
- Twist the hair into a loose bun and tie if off – keep some hair hanging free and spread it out to give the look of a swept fringe